Tuesday, August 31

Soft Sunday Sounds...

So lately I've been listening to a lot of church music. I used to do this a lot in high school, especially on Sundays when I'd get ready for church, or when I would drive to and from the temple. I don't even know why I fell out of the habit of listening to so much of it! I had forgotten how good it makes me feel! I love how soothing the songs are! I love the messages being sung about! And I've even noticed it helps me get ready for church quicker.

For a couple of years the Relief Society in my parents' ward made CDs of a mix of different church songs that they would give to the ladies for their birthdays. I was in that ward and a part of the relief society for two years, so I was given two of them. I have had these CDs, one for three years and the other for four years, but I hadn't listened to either one of them until just a few weeks ago. I was getting ready for church one Sunday and I just felt like I needed a pick-me-up, so I found one of these CDs and put it in. I fell in love. This CD has some excellent songs on it! Some of them are super cheesey and some of them... well, I wouldn't have chosen some of the singers... But.. they are using the talent Heavenly Father gave them, so I try and not be a brat about them. ha ha But sometimes I slip up and skip the song. ;)

I've been having a hard time lately. Sometimes I feel like my life is totally falling apart. I don't know where life is heading. I don't know Heavenly Father's plan for me. And sometimes I catch myself feeling lost. As a family, we've had a lot go on in 2010 that has had a rather large impact on me. And I am so grateful for the support system of my family! They are so amazing!! But I have also noticed that listening to all of this church music has really helped me cope with everything going on.

There is one song that I have really become attached to. It's called Every Corner of My Heart. And it is sung by Hayley Anderson. It's a short, simple song. But the music is beautiful! And the lyrics are so powerful! (Maybe one day I will sing this in my branch. ha ha ha But... probably not! Not many people in my branch know I sing.. except my friends who sit next to me every Sunday and have to listen to me!) ;) Anyway... I love this song so much that I'm going to put the lyrics on here and share them with all of you! :)

My hands don't need to feel the scars
To know who you are.
My eyes don't need to see your face
To know your grace is real.

Lord, your mighty love is strong enough
Even now my soul remembers you. Somehow.
I don't need the veil to part,
I can feel you.
In every corner of my heart.

I don't need a wondrous sight
To know you're divine.
'Cause even though I can't see,
I feel your power changing me.

Lord, your mighty love is strong enough
Even now my soul remembers you. Somehow.
I don't need the veil to part,
I can feel you.
In every corner of my heart.
I can feel you.
In every corner of my heart.

I'm not sure why I have been so attached to this song lately. Maybe it's because I've started to realize that Christ really does need to occupy every corner of my heart. I have forgotten to add Christ into everything I do. And I really need to get back into that.

I must admit, my potty mouth has gotten pretty bad lately. I hadn't really noticed how terrible it was until I was hanging out with some friends the other night. We were standing in Clinton's kitchen (oh, by Clinton, I really mean Stephen Graham. Long story.) and I was talking to Janessa and Chelsea... Janessa had said something to which I responded with a "hell-to-the-no"... and Nick Chappell started laughing... and said, "Oh, Brindi. You sure know how to drive The Spirit out." I know he kinda meant it as a joke and just to give me a hard time, but I have really been thinking about it a lot lately. I need to INVITE The Spirit, not drive The Spirit away. I am so grateful to be a part of this group of friends!! I'm sure some days they wonder why they let me hang out with them, but I know it is because I need them. They are so amazing! So I'm sorry guys! I promise to get better! I love all of you. Thanks for trying to get me back on the straight and narrow. :) And thanks for being the best distraction on Sunday night. I know most of you don't know why we had to have a movie night on Sunday night, but it was because I had had a REALLY bad day, and I needed something to capture my attention so I wouldn't think about what was happening in my life. Chels, thanks for putting it all together! Janessa and Jared, thanks for coming with Chels! Clinton, thanks for not really ignoring our texts and coming after dinner at your sister's! ;) Nick, thanks for letting me bug you about leaving your sister's house and then coming. And Bryce, thanks for coming to hang out after a REEEALLY long day of traveling! You are all the best! I really appreciate all of you for coming over and hanging out! I really do love you all.


Finally... one more church song to leave you off. It's another one I've been thinking about lately. It's a primary song. And I LOVE it. It is: If the Savior Stood Beside Me. And the message is so perfect! If you haven't heard it and you know any kids in primary, have them sing it for you! :)

If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do?
Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true?
Would I follow His example?
Would I live more righteously, if I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?

If the Savior stood beside me, would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind, if He were never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel?
Would I speak more reverently, if I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?

He is always near me, though I do not see Him there.
And because He loves me dearly, I am in His watchful care.
So I'll be the kind of person, that I know I'd like to be.
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me.

2 comments:

  1. I love you, Brindi! I'm sorry life has been difficult. I know it has. Lately when you are over here, you've been so good to listen to our drama. We need to listen to your events better. We need you to come hang out with us more often...Well, if you want to. We may be too taxing on you but I promise we'll try to be better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I read this today! Your blog always makes me feel better when I'm having a bad day:) I can totally relate to feeling lost, and reading this made me feel so much better!! Thanks for the pick me up :)

    ReplyDelete