Friday, June 4

Half Birthday....

Today was my half birthday!!! Yes, I am weird, i LOVE celebrating half birthdays! :) I love celebrating birthdays, too.. But I think half birthdays are more fun!! :) People don't expect to hear happy half birthday!

I have always hated having a birthday in December.. (sorry to any of you who have December birthdays and love it...) when i was little all my friends with summer birthdays got to have fun parties outside and in pools or at parks and such... most of mine were indoors... playing those lame party games that everyone got sick of within the first five seconds! (Thank you mom for trying anyway...) However... the perk to having a birthday in December... is having a HALF birthday in JUNE!! :)

I'll be honest... I love June! I'm not sure why it's my favorite month... but it is! The weather is usually perfect! Not too hot, not too cool. Its the first month we officially start busting out all the summer things! Summer activities, summer outfits, summer foods and treats, summer vacations, etc. I love the BBQs, the family dinners outside, pasta salad, the bright colored clothing i wear, my billions of pairs of flip flops, swim suits, weekend get-aways to my house at Bear Lake, laying out, snow cone stands everywhere, popcicles and otter pops, boating, wakeboarding, all the flowers, and all the outdoor weddings! And I am sure there are many other things i am forgetting about!! :)

But just for a second lets focus on the last thing i put... I LOVE outdoor wedding receptions! They are beautiful!! ---- We all know most girls plan their weddings when they are little... luckily we change our minds about some of the things we want! ;) ---- But i have always wanted my wedding to be in June, on a Friday, and outside. When i was a sophomore in high school i would always tell people i wanted to get married on June 3rd and when i was twenty-three and a half... During my senior year i figured out what year i would be 23 and a half... (and it happened to be on a Friday... How perfect!) haha But that year i had a few teachers predict that i would be married within a year of graduating... to which i would reply... No! I'm going to go to two years of college, go on a mission, be home for a year, do more schooling, and THEN get married. On June third, two-thousand eleven.. 

HA!! My how quickly plans change! :) I only did ONE year of college... (then went to a year of hair school- which was the best decision ever, by the way!) And as I'm sure you all know.. I didn't go on a mission. But... there is one goal that I have not missed or messed up.... yet. hahaha

Today is June 3rd, 2010... and I am now twenty-two and a half... meaning i have exactly ONE YEAR until my "dream wedding date"... One year to: find someone i can't live without, date him, be engaged to him, plan a wedding, and get married... haha!! To answer your question- No, I honestly don't think it will happen.. So in that case, if "Plan A" really doesn't work out, i have come up with a "Plan B" for June 3rd, 2011... I want to go through the temple and receive my endowment! Either way.. something HUGE and super special will happen on June 3rd, 2011. I think it's a great alternative!! :)


Life hasn't gone exactly the way i had planned... Four years ago I thought I had it all figured out... But... circumstances and opportunities come up, things happen, and sometimes even mistakes are made... all of which change our plans a little bit. However, I am extremely grateful for the way my life has worked out. I have some pretty amazing friends. I've learned very valuable lessons. I have learned who i am and who i want to be. I have learned what kind of guy i DON'T want to marry, and what kind of guy i DO. I have learned that in order to attract that kind of guy, i MUST be that kind of girl. I have learned how grateful i am to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. And I have learned how much my Heavenly Father truly loves me! I am also sooo grateful that Heavenly Father knows what is best for me. I might think i know how my life should go, but in the end, i am always glad He took the reins.

4 comments:

  1. Brindi- Dont you worry, just blog stalking thats all. This was a really cute post. You never know you really COULD find a guy date him get engaged and be married in a year. I did it in 5 months :) and it was the BEST decision ever. And if you don't going through the temple is AMAZING. I love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute post. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you and I really did think about you yesterday when I realized it was June 3. Hope I get to help you plan that wedding for next year, it would be awesome. If I get to go through the temple with you that would be awesome too! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm blog stalking too, i loved this post! and like you said either way something super special will happen on june 3, 2011!! both are so amazing, and something that i will always remember.
    but i'm sure some super studly man will come sweep you off your feet ;)

    ReplyDelete